Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spiced Life and Painting

My name is Richard Dolan. In the year 2009 I graduated from Montserrat College of Art with a BFA in Painting. I am a painter of animals, people, and bullshit. You can view my artwork at my website.


I recommend introducing yourself to the works of my girlfriend Meaghan Sorce as well. You can also view the websites of my friends who also graduated from MCA.
We were understudies of artists Thorpe Feidt and Tim Harney. They are two Massachusetts artists who are hard to research online because they are often busy teaching and moving paint around.


Tim Harney curated a show called "Belief in Paint" in 2007 and there is a funny interview of him in the Boston Globe. The show, at the New Art Center in Newton, MA, featured the works of Thorpe Feidt, John Grillo, and Richard Lethem. He speaks of a kind of painting which I enjoy for its honesty and aesthetic. The show was long ago but the content is universal. You can contact me if you can't locate it online.



Thorpe Feidt


Tim Harney


Tada!

No comments: